CERTIFICATE IN HOLISTIC SPIRITUALITY
This exploration of Christian Spirituality, an outreach programme of the Priory Institute, Tallaght, consists of eight Saturdays and one residential weekend commencing in October and ending in June. It will comprise of input, group process, reflection time, liturgy, etc. It addresses the challenges of responding to the evolving spiritual landscape of our times in social consciousness, relationships, work settings, health and wellbeing. The integrative and contemporary approach of the programme includes reflection on scripture, theology, various forms of prayer, psycho-synthesis, meditation, contemplative living, ritual, art, poetry, personal development, transformative reading and writing.
The days will be delivered through a reflective "retreat style" atmosphere, where tranquility, wholesome food, use of the library and quiet time in the garden are an integral part of the experience. The contemplative approach will be creatively delivered through the atmosphere of a faith-sharing Christian community.
The timetable runs from 10.30a.m. to 4.30p.m. on the Saturdays and from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon on the weekend.
The cost is €650, which can be paid in installments. The fee includes input, lunch, teas/coffees, etc. A certificate of attendance will be awarded for successful completion of the course.
SPIRITUAL ACCOMPANIMENT COURSE
The Heart Network & Ennismore Retreat Centre will conduct a Training Course in Spiritual Accompaniment Commencing September.
Duration: Two year programme of Spiritual Accompaniment
Commitment: Fourteen weekends (Saturday morning - Sunday afternoon) over two years.
Aim: By the end of this course participants will be expected to minister compassionately and effectively as Spiritual Accompaniers, under supervision.
Brief Description: Participants will develop
On a personal level
- An openess to the transformative power of God in their own lives.
- Greater self awareness
- The ability to acknowledge strengths and limitations
- greater ability to articulate their personal faith journey
- discover new understandings and insights
On a Ministerial level
- the ability to take a "Contemplative Stance"
- a new way of being connected to the other, self and the world
- attunement to the movements of the Spirit - attentive to the sacred/depth dimension as it unfolds within our own personal stories.
- to be comfortable undertaking the shared journey of life with another especially during moments of difficulty and uncertainty
- an awareness of the importance of personal supervision
- sensitivity in relation to boundary issues
- to become a reflective practitioner
- to promote good practice
Closing Date: To be announced
Conducted By: John Bennett msc, Finola Cunnane SSL, Mike Serrage msc